SENIOR DATA ENGINEER - San Francisco-Bay Area
At Clarity, a Senior Data Engineer, has the ability to drive the architectural decision making process, lead technical teams, and is also capable and enthusiastic about implementing every aspect of an architecture themselves.
- Hands-on self-directed engineer who enjoys working in collaborative teams.
- Data transformation engineer who is able to:
- Design and develop highly scalable, end to end process to consume, integrate and analyze large volume, complex data from sources such as Hive, Flume or Kafka.
- Integrate datasets and flows using a variety of open source and best-in-class proprietary software.
- Work with business stakeholders and data SMEs to elicit requirements and develop real-time business metrics, analytical products and analytical insights.
- Profile and analyze complex and large datasets.
- Collaborate and validate implementation with other technical team members.
- Experience building processes around data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management with Python is required.
- Strong SQL experience analyzing, transforming and integrating high volume, complex data sources with considerations for accuracy and efficient performance.
- Experience transforming data out of and into Hadoop/Hive is preferred.
- Fluency in Linux development and common development-related configuration tasks.
- Experience with custom ETL solutions in a Data Warehousing environment.
- Experience integrating and transforming data on MPP platforms such as Teradata, Netezza, Greenplum, Redshift, ParAccel, etc.
- Expertise creating efficient data structures with considerations for distribution, segmentation, colocation, etc., for ELT and analysis access paths; understanding of data management concepts such as 3NF, Dimensional, Data Vault, NoSQL/Key-value and their applications for data management and analysis.
- Ability to analyze high volume data against business requirements to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Passion to build business driven, data solutions regardless of technology.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights and technical approach.
- Ability to contribute independently and self-manage delivery in a collaborative environment.
- Candidates must be comfortable with local commute within the SF-Bay Area.
- At this time, we are only considering candidates interested in full-time employment who do not require visa sponsorships or transfers.
Clarity Solution Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume/CV with contact details to email@example.com